Monday, July 9, 2012 | By: Susan

Puzzle - Part 2 - Invoking Rule #5

July 9, 2012 - Item#16 - 4 down, 56 to go... (Completed by invoking Rule #5)
Reading glasses on, I once again sit down this morning to work on the puzzle.  I have been staring at this partially completed object for almost three weeks, attempting numerous times to connect more pieces!

I must be honest.  After completing the perimeter of the puzzle which I did enjoy, I find I am very frustrated and I feel like this is a waste of my time.  I know this is good for the mind, but so are many other things.  Simply, I am not having fun!  I have attempted numerous sittings at the puzzle only to find myself 5-10 minutes later frustrated and usually no pieces connected!

At least for me, I think puzzles are meant to be done with others.  At least you can be looking for the perfect piece and chatting about current events or something at the same time!

It did feel good to clear off my table and box up the puzzle.  However, as I put it on the shelf in my closet, the thought of not completing it sits heavy in the back of mind.  Perhaps another day? Perhaps not!!!





PS It is several hours later and I DO like that the puzzle is off of my table and out of the great room.  Perhaps a table in a remote space would have been better. A year later, might have been done...

2 comments:

tolleyb said...

Okay I'll admit it...working on a puzzle with others is more fun so I suppose I'll let you invoke Rule 5. It should be fun or it's not worth doing (at least as far as puzzles are concerned :)). On to the next task....

Susan said...

Yes, yes, yes...

Post a Comment