Monday, September 24, 2012 | By: Susan

Errrrrrrrrrr...Knitting!!!!

I hope the old saying "third times a charm" holds true in this case. 

Knitting isn't hard.  What is hard, is keeping track of the where you are and how many yarn loops are on the needle.  How can I add and drop without even realizing it?!?!  OK, so I am on the second attempt at this scarf. 

In the first attempt, it was way too wide and I was going to run out of yarn.  Not to mention I added and dropped a few yarn loops here and there.  Of course, I did not use a pattern. I mean how difficult could it be?  Knitknitknit... So I ripped it all apart and started over.  

Well I did it again, only this time it was a missed yarn loop.  It wasn't until I got further along that I noticed it!  I am sure there is a manual way to fix it, but the mohair in the yarn makes it difficult to work with.  So, I put it aside out of frustration for now.  I expect I will rip some rows and start again... Third times a charm, right???

hanging yarn loop...
In the meantime, I started another  one color one yarn scarf - KISS - keep it simple Susan!!!!


1 comments:

tolleyb said...

Been there...done that. My only advice it to count the number of stitches every few rows. There are also washer like thinks you can put on the needles...like every 10 or 20 stitches. That makes keeping track of the number of stitches a little easier.

Remember the flaws are part of what makes it handmade. :)

Post a Comment